Cauliflower is the New Black.
That’s right: I said it. And it’s true. Cauliflower is turning up everywhere: pizza dough, pasta sauce, appetizer bites and the list goes on. It’s fun to experiment, there’s no doubt about that. But trying to find domestic bliss in the kitchen is often a challenge for me. I just don’t invest the time. So, when I find a recipe I like and can turn it into a healthier option, I can’t help but share it. And then I keep making it…. over and over… and over and over… until I am extremely sick of it.
Curried Cauliflower Casserole
- One head of cauliflower, chopped
- Six mushrooms, chopped
- Three leeks, chopped
- One can of reduced sodium/fat cream of mushroom soup
- ½ tsp. curry
- ½ fresh squeezed lemon
- Shredded Mexican/Habanero cheese (or spiced vegan cheese!) to sprinkle on top
- Optional: ¾ olive oil mayo or light mayo
- Optional: Sriracha
- Other options to add in (if you don’t like mushrooms or leeks): broccoli, shrimp, chicken, peppers
- Cut up the cauliflower and steam in rice cooker, microwave or stove top
- In a separate bowl, mix soup, lemon, curry (+ optional mayo & optional Sriracha, if you like spice!)
- Add in the cauliflower, leeks and mushrooms and mix together.
- Pour mixture into Pyrex or oven-safe casserole dish
- Spring the cheese (max two cups) over top of the mixture
- Bake at 350 Degrees for 25 minutes or until bubbly and desired temperature is achieved.
- Enjoy! #Yum