It’s been a while since I’ve written a Toronto-centric post, so here we go.
I had a lovely weekend in the city, and thought I would share some key components with you in case it sparks inspiration to share your own favorite spots. I love trading tips; there is always so much to do in this city!
Here are some Toronto-based treats from my weekend (lets just say it wasn’t the healthiest, but it sure was a happy one…):
1) First up was an Instagram branding session, followed by iced Americano’s @ Soho House Toronto, complete with fresh pressed vanilla bean shots. It’s a great way to jump-start your day and add a hint of flavor into the mix!
2) On Friday night, I had dinner with the hubby at The Wren. It’s an eastern Danforth neighborhood favorite, but we can only go every so often since it isn’t the healthiest! I ordered ‘the old reliable,’ otherwise known as the beef brisket. Ian got the polenta and turkey sausage, with a Mexican spin. The hand cut fries are a must and their cocktails and micro-brewed beers aren’t so bad either. Divine.
3) Looking for something sweet and special for a breakfast treat? Check out Von Doughnuts on the Danforth. My favorite indulgence? The Pucker Up Sucker.
4) High Tea for my friend Kate’s bridal shower (as seen above) was such a treat. English High Tea is a great idea for a theme, and her bridesmaids thought of everything, from fresh scones and trifle, to ‘naughty’ and ‘nice’ tea. (Hint: the ‘naughty tea’ was really cosmo’s!)
5) Looking for a new brunch spot? Church and Bloor’s Lola’s Kitchen isn’t new to me, but their brunch is. After hearing about it the past few years,my friend Kristy and I decided to check it out after our Sunday workout. I definitely recommend the grilled tofu huevos rancheros and some fresh squeezed juice.
6) J.K. Rowling’s Very Good Lives was my quick read this weekend. I’ll be writing a future blog post about it, but I will say this: it’s an inspiring weekend read about failure and imagination, and all book sales proceeds go to charity.
7) After a busy weekend, on Sunday night we finally rewarded ourselves with a home cooked meal. Ian made prosciutto-wrapped chicken breast, stuffed with mascarpone, garlic and rosemary, with a side of garlic and jalapeno cauliflower.
9) How could I forget the new item on the Soho House appetizer menu? Made up of burrata, watermelon radishes and ramps (only in season for three weeks a year!), this new app is on my new ‘must have’ list.
10) Lastly, the soundtrack to this past weekend, Tom’s Diner (Giorgio Moroder feat. Ms. Britney Spears). This was the jam all weekend long, on repeat. A bunch of us requested it at Buddies bar, but unfortunately since the leaked version had only been out for about 36 hours at that time, they couldn’t play it. So stoked to buy this album!
Feel free to send some warm and fuzzy weekend ideas my way! Summer will be here soon, so it will only get better!