I was just nominated for the Liebster Award by the awesome Rashel over at Opinionated Bookster. I have heard of the Liebster Award before, but this is my first time being nominated. It’s such an honor to be recognized by my peers in the blogging community, so thank you Rashel!
The idea of the Liebster Award is to create a sort of chain of bloggers nominating other bloggers, allowing us to get to know and learn more about the others in this awesome community. The rules are:
- Thank and link the blogger who nominated you
- Answer their 11 questions
- Nominate 11 bloggers who have less than 200 followers and link them
- Have your nominees answer your 11 questions
- Notify nominees through social media
Here are the questions I was asked by Opinionated Bookster:
- What’s your favorite hobby/pastime other than reading? Definitely writing. I try to fit it in wherever I can. Reading and writing go hand in hand; I’ll become a better writer the more I read! I also like being social (perhaps the understatement of the year); going out for fun eats with friends and my hubby is a must!
- Do you have any siblings? I have two younger sisters, Bridget and Shane. They mean so much to me and when the three of us get together, it’s chaotic. I also have a teenage stepbrother named Trevor, who lives down south.
- What’s your favorite fairy tale? Growing up, I swear it was Sleeping Beauty, but I really have no idea why. After going to the theaters (twice!) to see the new Cinderella adaption, I think it’s safe to say that Cinderella is currently high on my list, including variations like Cinder. It changes all the time, though. I always love a happily ever after.
- Which fictional character would you most like to meet? If I say Harry Potter do I sound like every other book-lover out there? My other choices would be the fictional men I swoon over, like Jace from the Shadowhunter Chronicles or Peeta from The Hunger Games.
- What is your favorite book of the year so far? Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard. Wonderfully written; I couldn’t put it down!
- List the top three things on your bucket list. Life is short and we should try to live life to the fullest every day. I don’t have a bucket list; I’ve never wanted to make a bucket list for myself because I think it would stress me out! The places I want to travel to and the things I want to do are constantly changing and evolving. But I will say that one of my ultimate goals in life is to get a book published.
- Do you listen to a lot of music? If so, do you have a favorite genre? I do. I love pop- but it really depends what I’m in the mood for. I also love early 2000’s rap, punk and pop punk, and all of the Beatles anthologies.
- What genre of book do you find yourself reading the most of? Young Adult and New Adult, because those are the genres I write as well. You write what you read, after all! But I do try to change it up. I love biographies, mysteries, and fantasies too.
- What’s your favorite food? French fries and burritos. So healthy, right? But I don’t eat them all the time 🙂
- Do you prefer physical books, audio books, or e-books? I prefer physical books, unless they are gigantic like Game of Thrones. Those are the books I read on my Kindle! I also have been reading a few books on my iPad lately (although it is next to impossible to read an iPad in the sun!), but then I always end up going back to physical books. I recently enjoyed Tina Fey and Amy Poehler’s memoirs as audio books on a road trip to/from Maryland. It was a nice way to travel. I guess it just depends what I’m in the mood for!
- Which new/upcoming book release are you most looking forward to? I am really looking forward to Robin Constantine’s The Secrets of Attraction and The Heir, by Kiera Cass (it was just released!). And of course, Harper Lee’s Go Set a Watchman. I have their release dates marked in my book tracking spreadsheet nerd alert!
That was fun, thanks again for the nomination Rashel!
I nominate the following blogs for the Liebster Award:
Here are my 11 questions:
- Who is your favorite fictional couple?
- What do you most look forward to about the summertime?
- What is your favorite childhood book?
- Who is one person, living or dead, that you would love to meet?
- What is your favorite book of the year so far?
- What are the top three places you would love to travel to?
- What is a genre of book that you would like to read more of, but haven’t yet?
- Who is your favorite new author?
- What’s a perfect day look like to you?
- What movies are you most looking forward to that are book adaptions?
- What is one book/series that you love so much that you try to get all of your friends to read?